washington d.c. – When asked in an interview if Americans should prepare for a recession, President Joe Biden said, “It hasn’t happened yet…if it has, it will be a very slight recession.”
However, despite what Biden preaches, our country has been in a recession since July 2022. There was a 1.6% drop in our country’s GDP in the first quarter of 2022 and a 0.6% drop in the second quarter of 2022.
No matter how many times the Joe Biden administration tries to change the meaning of “recession,” two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth meet the definition. This recession is hurting families and households in Tennessee, and it’s time for the president to recognize that and reverse the policies that are crushing our economy.
We must support in solidarity with the women of Iran as they struggle for freedom after years of tyranny and abuse. I introduced a bipartisan Senate resolution to highlight U.S. support for courageous Iranian women protesters fighting for their basic human rights against the barbaric and murderous Iranian regime. My resolution reassures Iranian protesters that their voices are heard and lets the Iranian regime know that the United States is watching.
Senator Ted Cruz and I sent a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland asking to know why the US Department of Justice (DOJ) is to delete the freedom of expression of Americans who are concerned about irreversible and experimental sex reassignment surgeries performed on children.
It is deeply concerning that fentanyl is the leading cause of overdose deaths in our country. As Halloween approaches, I warn parents of the dangers of “rainbow” fentanyl. These colorful pills are trafficked across our southern border by Mexican cartels to target children. While my fellow Republicans and I do everything we can to protect children from this illicit substance, it is ultimately up to the Biden administration to secure the border and stop the flow of drugs into our communities.
- I introduced the International Children with Disabilities Protection Act to increase United States support for children with disabilities and their families around the world.
- Sign up to join Senator Bill Hagerty and I in Tennessee Tuesday every Tuesday the Senate is in session.
- You can register for a Capitol tour using the Capitol Visitor Center portal.
- If you are interested in a Christmas visit to the White House, be sure to register now.
- Is there anything you would like to see in the Blackburn report? Email my office to share!